5.2.12

daddy

So I was sitting here planning on giving it a couple of days before I write my next entry because I have been posting a ton lately when I got hit with this overwhelming feeling that I miss my daddy. So this post is all about my Dad and how much I love him.

What will always remind me of him:
1. Brooks and Dunn and Alan Jackson, mostly Brooks reminds me of him but really the songs they all sing and the classic country style always make me miss him.


2. The smell of feed and hay. I spent countless hours in the barns with him while growing up. He is that smell and I treasure it.




3. He refuses to say "I love you." So my dad is gettin up there in age, Not OLD per say but definitely getting closer to decrepit.This means that he grew up during the time when a grunt was a delicate I love you and cleaning the pig stalls basically had you set apart as soul mates.My dad is about 74 which means he wants me to finish school, get married and have grandbabbies (not necessarily in that order.) To get him back for this I often call him for no particular reason trying to get him to tell me he loves me. His usual reply is "uh yup ok well bye thanks for calling." I wont ever let him hang up without telling me at least "you too." Its one of the best things to do when bored.


4. I want to make my daddy proud. He doesn't know this, but everything I do is basically done to make him proud. I want to be that mommy that brings him grandkids, I want to get my masters degree so that I can be someone that he brags about to all of his farmer buddies. But most of all I want to be what he wants me to be, a good daughter. I love him with all my heart and I miss him like crazy. It was one of the hardest things ever to move this far away from him.

 I will forever and always be daddy's little girl. 




No comments:

Post a Comment