26.1.11

blogger distress

So I realized at some point this last week that I'm really not sure what a blog is meant for. I read other people's blogs and I see so many different ideas and schemes. I always want to copy what they do, but I realize you can't really do that with a blog because it is your own creative juices flowing. But then when I do start in on my own creativeness I start to ramble. Thats really not all that productive. Nor is it going to bring in an audience, because my ramblings are not interesting in the slightest.

I imagine I could write about books and go on and on about the drivel and fodder that make up my interest in a very well written piece of literature. But, would that really be all that interesting?

I could go on to add things such as the 30 day photo challenge that are really just for boredoms sake and will probably have no significance in my life.

I will probably continue to add ridiculous prose on the acts and scenes from my life and those that surround me every day. The question here is whether or not that would be entertaining? I strive to not only entertain myself but to entertain an audience. But in doing so am I being prideful? The things that I post are sometimes boastful while other times over the top, all in the hope that someone will read it and get some amusement. Is my doing so an act of pride? Thinking that what I write will interest others? Because innately we are each of us prideful and a rather green group. And by green I mean that of envy. As I said before there is the wish to steal other's ideas but a want to still be creative. Are all of these things possible together?

I guess that I am left in distress because I wish to be an entertainer while also being myself, while those two things can be one in the same it is also a difficult concept to grasp. Life is an act, we are always putting forth an appearance for others to see. And if we have this act that we are putting forth how is it that we can be "ourselves?" This is really the central idea for a blog, to be ourselves and post what we wish for others to see without a care in the world.

But there is nowhere on earth that we can be, without caring about the opinion of others. Not even the net.

As Constantin Stanislavski taught it when teaching about acting, your objective is to ask the magic if. What would I do if I were the character in this situation? This situation is life, or a play or a blog. So what would you do if you were a character putting forth an appearance in these areas?

1 comment:

  1. I think, gorgeous, that whatever you choose you will still have some who will continue to look at your blog. And it's what comes easiest for you.

    ReplyDelete