16.1.11

dating

Now don't get your hopes up from reading the title, of course I go on regular dates with boys but this particular post has nothing to do with that. This story is about a date I went on yesterday with my two girls, Rhiannan and Marynell. Mom and Dad decided that they needed to go on a date or something like that cause apparently to keep the romance alive you gotta do that kind of thing. I know it sounds weird to me too! In anycase that left me with two rather unhappy little girls since they were being left behind to hang out with boring old "raerae."
   So, instead of hanging out at the house we decided to go on a date of our own! We left the house to go to our favorite place of eating
 (other than Mcdonalds...I know, I know, gross but they have a play place and all you have to do is buy a drink and you can let them run wild for at least an hour. Its like MAGIC! they run for a little while and all of sudden oh darn they're tired and grumpy and bed doesn't sound like such a bad thing. like I said its magic.)

  Anyway, as I was saying favorite place of eating, Dennys! Yum! we love it, plus on Saturdays and Tuesdays kids eat free from 4 until 10, so it was perfect!
So we get there, hot mom over here gets checked out by the server (I mean really?! Im not a mom but I looked like it and the kid is still checking out my butt and other prominent areas. "I am not a menu sir, don't look at me like you want to order something, just take me to my table and hand me a real menu!")

So we finally get to our table which is one of those half moon set up booths that allows for the kids to slide all over the place. A perfect playground. So of course they go to town, crayons in hand they color, slide, climb and perch themselves in any area they can fit. It was fantastic! By the time the server came to our table it looked like we had moved in and weren't leaving for years. We finally got to order our food and drinks had already arrived at the table when we got to start the incredibly fun "why?" game.

"RaeRae, where is mommy?" Marynell
"on a date, just like us!" Jamie
"why?" Marynell
"cause her and dad want to." Jamie
"why?" Marynell
"cause they wanna keep the romance alive" Jamie
"why?" Marynell
"cause they are old and its harder at that age?" Jamie
"why?" Marynell
"cause they have two monsters living with them." Jamie
"why?" Marynell
"cause when a man loves a woman, monsters are created" Jamie
"why?" Marynell
"well according to the trajectory of the sun and moon at the time of origin, children can morph into incredibly lifelike horrors of the mind called a monster, so a perfectly stable and cute little kidlin can become a beast." Jamie
"why?" Marynell
and so on and so forth the game went until our food finally came to the table and so began the fiasco that is eating. By the time we left the table there was ranch spilling across the table and giant chocolate stains on Rhiannan and Marynell's shirts. It was a blast!

After dinner we went and got treats at Walmart, of course this consisted of us going around the whole place looking at everything before we even looked for candy. We began in the pet aisle where the girls tried to see if they could find any dead fish in the tanks (not my idea of fun but who asked me) Then we looked to see if we could find the biggest fish. After exhausting the possibilities of the fish tanks we moved on to every other aisle singing whatever song popped into our heads. My personal favorite one was

"One, Two buckle my shoe, three, four, shut door, five eleven wont'choo sing along with me."
My other favorite one Rhiannan made up for me which included alot of diva dives and "ooooooh ooooh aahaa woooooo" no real words but a ton of scatting. Loved it!

We finally went home after that and cuddled up on the couch to watch some good old Yo Gabba Gabba (dont ever let your children watch this, creepiest and weirdest show ever! but the kids LOVE it. I dont get it)

Best date ever, dinner, intelectual inquisition, a concert and cuddle time. I couldn't ask for more from a guy let alone a couple of my best girls.

I also am soooo in love with the fact that these girls are growing up so fast! Marynell was scowling super fierce at me yesterday and I asked her, "why do you have such a foul scowl?" and she told me she didn't want to talk about it right now. what?! your three! when did you start using language like that?! I love it! And Rhiannan is so super grown up too! she tells me all about the books that she is reading and I am just astounded!

What amazing little girls! We had the best DATE EVER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment