9.1.11

my life on the compound

Well the first week of school is over and our first tournament of the semester has passed.What an incredibly eventful time it has been!

I started my classes and I have to say I am soooo happy to be this busy! I am taking 19 credits which is a ton of work, plus I have my job along with 4 institute classes. So I don't get much time to myself, which is exactly how I like it. Wake up early, work all day, fall into bed, wake up and do it again. 

This weekend we went to our first forensics tournament also, which was up in Salt Lake City, so it was pretty close to home and easy peasy to get to. It was a three day swing tournament, meaning it was two different tournaments spanning three days in the exact same place with the exact same people but hosted by two different schools. There were around 30 schools present so it was a huge thing! There were schools spanning the U.S. Even some from Texas. The Texas kids were sooooo much fun to hang out with though! They had so much spunk and personality. They didn't care what anyone thought of them. One of the team members actually asked Emily, one of ours where our Compound was. She was taken aback,..."What compound???" The girl meant that since we were from Utah we had to be mormons which meant that we were obviously polygamous and she wanted us to show her our compound and help her get into it so she could explore. It was so funny! People believe so many stereotypes about Mormons. 

The team did amazing too! We took second place over all on the first day and Third place the second day. When they combined how we did both days together we took Third place again. My own personal placings in my 5 events were 2nd in After Dinner Speaking, 3rd in Impromptu, 2nd in Duo, 5th in Poetry and 5th in Persuasive. We took home a lot of trophies and I am very proud of our team. Our next tournament is in Arizona next month so...wish us luck!!!

I also got a new roommate this semester. I can't wait to get to know her. I am sure we will be good friends!

Update on the resolutions...Being a vegetarian SUCKS!!! I miss meat!!!

1 comment: