23.11.10

"men may come and men may go.....but pie goes on for ever." george augustus sala


One of the easiest of things to make is a pie. Pies are incredibly delightful and delectable. When I am at my saddest and not sure of where my life should go I resort to pie making. They don't take very much time at all to make and they are so wonderful. When I am stressed or confused or depressed over a guy (I am a girl and only in college after all) I bring together some of my baking supplies and I get to the pie making. On a day such as this I could easily bake 10 pies but sadly I do not have the resources nor do I wish to eat them...So I usually give these pies away. When I give something away I want it to have a special meaning to that person, making them smile in some way while enriching their lives. So with my newfound charity obsession I will be giving away baked goods with special messages for others that will help them in some way or the other. By either giving them a smile or helping them to realize what a wonderful person they are. 

Chocolate mouse pies that my darling friends Mitch and Shari helped me craft for others in the spirit of giving.

 Giving a gift is a special kind of warm but giving love is one of the best things in life. 

It warms my heart every time I get the chance to bless someone's day. The more people I can get to help me to give, the fuller my heart seems to get. I'm afraid that someday my friends are going to cause my heart to burst it will be so full. I appreciate them in so very many ways. 
Love always yours.  

3 comments:

  1. Baking is very therapeutic. I agree, people love to receive a gift that you obviously put your time and effort into. Do you make your own crust? I go back and forth...sometimes I make my own sometimes I buy pre-made. Have you tried apple-cranberry? Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration in many ways. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I make my own crust. My favorite thing to do is to make a lattice top on an apple or cherry pie though. I have never tried apple-cranberry, no, do you have a recipe?

    ReplyDelete