27.11.10

twinkling gobbler

The second segment in my amazing thanksgiving break!

So if you dont already know this, I have a right hip. Ok, I have two right hips. But the important one is Shari.
Gangstas!!! ok she would probably kill me if this were the only picture I put up since it makes us look like bums. 
Here we are normal and cute!

Shari Ellen is one of my best friends, and so we of course had to get together over the holiday, it makes it so much easier because our families live a couple streets from each other in town. Being college students we had to find some plausible reason to get together and not waste time soooo...we worked on homework...yippee! But really we had a fantastic time, we went to IHOP and got some pretty bad service then we worked on our speeches with smidgeons of talk here and there about boys...Ok so we talked about boys most of the time. We still got our homework done in time to spend the rest of the holiday with our families.

So I said before stay tuned for a segment on Black Friday. HAHA it was sooooo much fun! I just kinda stood back and watched people go crazy. It was insane. The first place we went was Walmart since it opened at midnight and that was the easiest place to go. We got there slightly before midnight to walk around and look. We really couldnt though because there were tons of people crowded into every nook and cranny. There were workers running around in florescent vests with the words "EVENT STAFF" on them carrying radios yelling "It is not yet midnight! I repeat! It is not yet Midnight!!!" I was laughing so hard watching them scramble. Then all Hades broke loose! You could tell it was midnight when a shrill scream ripped through the air and the volume reached deafening as you heard ripping, tearing and swearing all up and down the aisles. Men were grabbing boxes and sprinting down the aisles with as much as their arms could hold. One woman had just grabbed a box with a cricut in it and stopped to text near myself and my aunt Megan. This presented us with a hilarious opportunity. In a loud voice my aunt told me "I bet you a dollar fifty to grab that cricut and run!" So I jump forward the woman looks up terrified looking for where the voice came from and just as I get there the woman looks at me lunges for the cricut, glares and runs in the other direction. It was great!!!
All in all we stayed out until 4 in the morning running around and teasing the shoppers.

Last night we took the girls Marynell (3) and Rhiannan (7) to the lights at Temple Square because they were turning them on that night. We went to the front runner station and rode the train out. The girls LOVE riding the train, its the best way to keep them behaving like human beings. Just threaten them with driving and not riding the train and they start to act like angels. In any case we rode the train out and walked around the square checking out the lights. Talk about AMAZING. It was soooo beautiful. They outdid themselves this year when putting up the lights. But it was freezing! we bundled up like little eskimos and still froze our noses off. But we had such a fun time I couldnt imagine not going, no matter how miserable the weather got. Its memories like these that warm our hearts. I love love love my family.












What a blast we had! 

1 comment:

  1. THAT was the best Black Friday experience I have ever heard/read. You made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete