25.11.10

gobbler

I have had one of the best vacations/breaks from school of my life! Talk about FUN! I started out pretty down, but the minute I walked through the door my whole outlook lifted. I love my family so much!

My two youngest girls Rhiannan and Marynell and their two fantastic parents Ned and Megan know exactly what to do to make me the happiest girl in the world! We crafted, we cuddled, we napped and we played. I LOVED IT!!! and lucky for me the weekend is not over yet, this is just the mid update :)

The first thing we did when I got here was to make our christmas stockings with a couple dollar tree stockings and some glitter glue. Best idea ever.

These are the ones that I made for myself (raerae), Megan and Ned

Marynells lovely design (she is barely 3 years old btw)

Rhiannan did this one and I think it is positively beautiful. She is so creative!

After doing our stockings it was pretty late so we went to bed all tuckered out for one night. The next morning though was so much fun! We got to do a little more crafting with some foam paper, googly eyes and elmers glue. Since it was almost Thanksgiving and we had already done alot of Christmas stuff we decided to do a little bit of turkey fun. I remember when I was a little kid I loved to make turkeys using cut outs of my hand so thats exactly what we did.

From left, Rhiannan (purple) Marynell (purple) and Raerae (green)
We had tons of fun making these, and we got COVERED in glue from head to toe, plus there was tons of cut up foam paper to clean up. Which is what made it so much fun I think. We didnt care if we made a mess as long as there were fits of giggles all over the place. 

We made a bunch of other things too along with the turkeys but they didnt really fit in with the thanksgiving category, but I still super love them!
These are a couple mickey mouse and friends ornaments that we colored.

These are all dinosaurs that Marynell and Rhiannan made for me to put up on my wall at school. Im really excited to add them to the huge array of art that I have growing there.

Today was the long awaited Turkey day that we have been looking forward to so of course I have to post a couple of pictures about it. It was so much fun, we went to grandma and grandpa Greenwood's house and hung out with the whole family. We stuffed and stuffed until we could barely breath and then ate some more. It was delicious! I know one thing I am thankful for, this amazing family that heavenly father has seen fit to bless me with. I know that sometimes things get rough but these people will always be here for me.
Apple Pie that Rhiannan gave us the idea for. The said we should put leaves around the outside so we did :) she comes up with some of the best ideas.

Peach pie with a lovely lattice top

Marynell playing inside of this big toy, I forget what it's called but it was a ton of fun! She wanted to keep playing with it for hours!

Well Thanksgiving is halfway over and this is what I have to show for it so far. Alot of blessings and love. There should be plenty more stories to come, tonight we are going out for the black friday sales that start at midnight. OH BOY... wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment